Thursday, June 12, 2008

Better dead than pregnant

Having control over someone’s reproductive system was troubling to me. Seeing that made me think about what our society really feels. I have open feelings on many subjects and can open my eyes to ideas, but for this it really got my attention and made me think and realize many different things about our society and government. I first of all do not feel strongly about our government and the way things are handled and views on certain matters on what is important and what is not. Having control of reproducing with women of color is a horrible thing. After this and seeing how our government can look at it as a issue with security is faulty and just ridiculous. White America in my eyes feel threatened by having other races reproduced and it is a shame. People need to open there eyes and realize what our country has been made up of. Whites were not the original settlers on Americas. Controlling a reproductive system is negative and not good for society. I feel women are the most important people in our world because without them how would we be able to reproduce and just the aspect of having woman’s care and touch. This reading shows how men are trying to be in control of everything. We could easily do something in reverse to a male with sperm and things of that nature but we target the women and in my opinion it is wrong. Women are precious and through this reading it shows me how important they are. The reproductive system of any man or women shouldn’t be tampered with because giving life is a beautiful thing and this can take that away.

And since we all came from a woman
Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman
I wonder why we take from our women
Why we rape our women, do we hate our women?
I think it's time to kill for our women
Time to heal our women, be real to our women
And if we don't we'll have a race of babies
That will hate the ladies, that make the babies
And since a man can't make one
He has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one
So will the real men get up
I know you're fed up ladies, but keep your head up
-Tupac Shakur